Friday, November 12, 2010

God Hiding

At the end of the first part there is a picture of God hiding his face. Around the picture are the words, "I will surely hide my face on that day because of the evil people have done."

I thought this meant that God was hiding his face from Haman and the other Jew haters because He was upset that they were going to harm His choosen people.

The next topic to consider is the concept of a chosen people and why I stated that the Jews are God's chosen people. God promised Abraham that the savior would come from his family and Abraham was the father of the Jewish people, or so that is what is beleived...correct me if I am wrong. So I think God is sad, therefore hiding His face, from the evil that may become of the Jews during this time under King Xerxes.

3 comments:

  1. Well I think that Esther's pretty smart and a nice person. Anyway, I think this because she knows when to keep her mouth shut when there's talk of mass slaughter of the Jews. I'm wondering if she didn't keep her silence, then what would have happened to her? It's something to think of. Nice wallpaper by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...interesting, I didn't consider that the image on 59 was supposed to be God, as I assumed it was the king because of the similarity in dress and beard. I will have to look at this again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. In terms of biblical passages: in Genesis 12, 22, and some other spots, God promises Abraham that he will have numerous descendants, be part of a covenant, some other things. No mention in Genesis of salvation issues.

    Historically, scholars have not been able to DEFINITELY verify the factuality of anything in the Hebrew Bible that occurs before the book of Judges-- so, whether or not there was an historical Abraham is up for grabs, circumstantial, a matter of faith, etc.

    ReplyDelete